Because of recent advancement in technology, digital literacy is being considered as the most important tool for long-term learning. As a citizen of this global society, the impact of technology, social media, and other online activities is gigantic. Digital literacy is important for people of all ages. For students, access to a home PC with internet improves their probability of school participation exponentially. Similarly for adults, the consistently developing tech world can either enable them to succeed or keep them down.
Digital literacy is known as the ability of an individual to use computers, the internet, and technology. In addition to finding, creating, and communicate information. Digitally literate people are more attractive for potential employers. Corporations are more comfortable with digital technology.
It has become important for every age of people. Students can improve their academic skills by using the internet and modern technology. Likewise, employees can increase their progress with digital technology. Therefore, this helps in improving the company position.
The increase in technology, computer systems, and the internet is a key factor for success. Digital technology has changed the world over the past 15 years. Digital literacy includes different digital platforms that help proceed in technology. Furthermore, it has become quite important for senior citizens as well since seniors can learn modern technology that helps them in various platforms.
Importance with Age
Digital literacy is important with age because it helps to understand and use technology. It is also important to use and create information with the help of technology. Day by day, Digital literacy is becoming necessary. People can make and share content flawlessly in this digital world.
Due to this that ability enables all type of age persons to communicate and work efficiently with the use of technology. Business needs employees that are digitally literate and able to generate more result by using digital technology.
The digital technology improves educational and individual performance in every field. Another thing is that it improves the education level and teacher performance. Besides the business progress and impact on individual daily living.
Moreover, it helps in building communication around the globe. It varies from age to age. Senior citizens are familiar with traditional literacy. As a result, improving language, communication and media skills are also some of what digital literacy can help on. They became familiar with technology like the use of computer or laptop, internet, and basic IT skills. It helps seniors to keep them after retirement.
Benefits of Digital literacy
- Digitally literate people have more advantage in numerous sectors. From information technology to the administration business. Digital literacy helps them to improve their tech skills.
- Digitally literate students improve the quality of their homework. This is by effectively getting to online material including articles, library databases, video lectures, and educator student email correspondence.
- In addition, it helps students and adults in creative thinking. it also helps in learning digital skills more effectively, consequently.
- As a result, family ties increase when a whole family is digitally literate and associated with broadband. Video conferencing, social networking, and email correspondence can increase family ties crosswise over tremendous geographic separations.
- Digitally literate individuals save time and cash. Paying bills, applying for employments, doing their assessments, and banking can be done on the internet.